S.A.E Dom Fernando Pinto Pereira de Sousa Fontes
The Grand Master and Prince Regent of O.S.M.T.H.
"Wisdom comes from our Lord and dwells in Him forever”
The Grand Priory of Romania founded in 2004 A.D. (886 A.T.) under the authority of His Highness Eminent Grand Master and Prince Regent of O.S.M.T.H. Dom Fernando Campello Pinto Perreira de Sousa Fontes.
Under the autority of Grand Master, is founded in 2006 The Magistral Grand Priory of Romania.
ORDO SUPREMUS MILITARIS
is NOT a freemasonic
or paramasonic order
and is NOT connected,
associated or affiliated
and/or any of its
The Knigths Templar solely
acknowledges and emulates
the historical ideals
of our ancient Order,
as drawn up under
and claims its direct
lineage from the ancient
Mane nobiscum Domine !
Pronouncement of Principles
1) The Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem (ORDO SUPREMUS MILITARIS TEMPLI HIROSOLYMITANI – O.S.M.T.H.), a traditional Christian, ecumenical, chivalric, cosmopolitan, independent and non-political international order, is ruled by the following Sovereign Acts: the Rules written by Saint Bernard; The Chart of Transmission, issued by the 23rd Grand Master F. Johannes Larmenius on February 13th, 1324 and subscribed to by his succeeding Grand Masters; the General Statutes decreed upon on the occasion of the General Chapter held in Versailles in 1705; the Statutes from 1947 (the Minute dated December 27th 1946); and the Magistral Decrees; as revised and updated through the Statutes of the Order.
2) The Principles that each and every fellow member of the Order has subscribed to with an open heart and strongly willing to implement to the benefit and the welfare of the society at large are to:
· Safeguard our Christian Faith, our Saint Church and our Christian Civilization;
· Maintain the Christian presence and influence in the Holy Land and its expansion thorughout the world;
· Support and serve the unpriviledged, the poor and the sick, as well as encourage and promote the Christian humanitarian works and charity;
· Stand up for and protect the prejudiced;
· Promote the moral and spiritual strengthening of our Order;
· Apart from the significant themes of its traditional calling, the Order of the Temple is equally involved in carrying out the census, restauration, preservation and research on monuments and archives that give evidence of the ancient principles and commitments assumed by the Temple, as well as its spiritual legacy. At the same time, the Order fosters research works on history, heraldry, genealogy, philosophy and religion that deal with its past, as well as its present calling and spirituality.
3) The Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem considers itself to be the legitimate historical lineal descendant of the chivalric traditions and spirit of the ancient Order of the Temple established in 1118 by its nine founding Knights: HUGUES de PAYENS, GODEFROI DE SAINT-OMER, ANDRÉ DE MONTBARD, ARCHAMBEAU DE SAINT-AMAND, NIVARD DE MONTDIDIER, GONDEMAR, GODEFROI BISSOL, ROSSAL, HUGUES RIGAUD. Through successive reforming, O.S.M.T.H. can not and does not claim itself to be same with the Order of the Temple that was suppressed through the Papal Act Vox in Excelso issued in 1312 and the death of its leaders, namely the Grand Master Jacques de Molay in 1314.
4) The Sovereign Military Order of the Temple of Jerusalem is NOT an esoteric, occult, hidden or secret society, and equally addresses all Christians, men or women, who serve in one of the universally accepted Christian confessions. One of the most important form of „initiation” as recognized and assumed by O.S.M.T.H. is the sacred Sacrament of Baptism into our Lord Jesus Christ. The ranks granted by the Order, as part of public ceremonials or services of investiture and as assisted by a Christian priest, are bestowed onto its members with a view to acknowledge their commitment in accomplishing the work stated in the Order’s Statutes and their involvement in its mission. The ranks and titles are assigned through reception of a postulant, investing and knighting him as a noble servant and guardian of the Christian Faith and as a successor and protector of the chivalric principles, spririt and values.
5) O.S.M.T.H. has lost its monastic quality, so that the former poverty and chastity vows have now turned into a firm commitment to prove, practise and promote charity, as well as to live an uncorrupted life, up to the commandements of our good Christian tradition, inside a couple or as a single person, up to the individual’s free choice.
6) The Oath refers to a member’s firm statement and commitment to safeguard the Christian Faith throughout his/her lifetime, by saying the Credo or the Oath of Fealty and Allegiance in front of God and his/her fellow members of the Order.
7) The Oath of silence is reduced to being reserved and cautious as regard the inner business of the Order, and is presently understood as a form of discipline practised and assumed inside any modern organization.
8) The military character of O.S.M.T.H. solely refers to the inner rank structure of the Order, to the members’ observance of the rules of conduct and submission to the higher ranking leaders, at the different levels and in their different offices, so that the Orders’ civic actions be coherent and effective in the good spirit inherited from our forerunners. The sword is kept as both an ornament and for its symbolic value as modern weaponry of the Order, which are the Word - the tip - and the Deed - the cutting edge. The Knights and Dames of the Temple of O.S.M.T.H. are not called today to take radical actions against their human fellow beings of different faiths, but to embrace tolerance and struggle with an open heart and mind to expand our sacred Christian Faith by the good example they set within our society. To our Order, these values stand for the Way and the Truth.
9) As good Christians and through understanding and assuming the principles written in the Holy Gospels, O.S.M.T.H. has organized itself as a shield around the Christian Churches. O.S.M.T.H. strives to bring a lay and faithful contribution to the Churches’ works and accomplishments, by abiding to the Law and equally cooperating with the authorities of the respective country it is active in. In Romania, O.S.M.T.H. operates as a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political organization, through Magnus Prioratus Romaniae Association, which has been established as based on the Magistral Decrees issued by the Grand Master of O.S.M.T.H. They acknowledge our quality to represent the Order in our country.
Chevalier Magnae Crucis Dan VASILIU
The Grand Prior of Romania
The Saint Patron of
The Magistral Grand Priory of Romania
NON NOBIS DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORIAM !
This website is copyrighted to and
managed by "Magnus Prioratus Romaniae" Association, registered under
the Registry of Romanian Associations under No. 1/14.02.2004, with
Certificate No. 162/PJ/12.12.2003, C.I.F. 16080448.